New Biometrics Requirements
The Government of Canada has just announced that biometrics are now available to be collected at centres inside Canada. You can find out where to submit your biometrics here.
As a result, applicants are now required to submit their biometrics when applying for their immigration cases inside Canada. Applicants who are required to submit their biometrics now include the following:
1. If you are from a visa requiring country and apply for a visitor visa.
2. If you apply to extend your visitor status in Canada.
3. If you apply for a work permit including an extension in Canada (Americans are exempt).
4. If you apply for a study permit including an extension in Canada (Americans are exempt).
5. If you make a refugee claim.
6. If you apply for permanent residence, whether you are inside or outside of Canada.
There are some exemptions to the requirements. Here are some that might apply to you and your family:
1. Children under the age of 14.
2. Adults over the age of 79 (except for refugee claimants).
3. If you have already provided your biometrics in the last 10 years if you are applying for temporary residence (you still need to submit new biometrics for each new permanent residence application).
4. American citizens if you’re applying for a work permit or study permit.
For more questions about your case, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-548-9101.
The Team at Long Mangalji LLP