New Work Permit now available for Inland Spousal Sponsorships

The government just announced today that some applicants who apply for permanent residence under the Inland Spousal Sponsorship category will be able to obtain work permits before they receive approval in principal.

Here are some things that applicants will need to have to qualify:

  • The applicant and sponsor have submitted an Inland Spousal Sponsorship application.  Please note that this is only for those who apply for spousal sponsorship under the Inland process
  • The applicant must have temporary status as a visitor, student, or worker.
  • The applicant and the sponsor must live together.

To find out if you would qualify or if an inland or overseas process is best for your situation, contact us at (416) 548-9101, or at