New Work Permits for Francophones

The government has just announced that starting on June 1, 2016, francophone persons (people who are fluent in French) will be entitled to special work permits throughout Canada.  Here are some of the details: 

  • Francophone persons who want to work in provinces outside of Quebec can qualify
  • To obtain a work permit they must be offered a position in the managerial, professional or technical/skilled trades occupations 
  • These work permits will not require LMIAs.

Contact us at (416) 548-9101, or at if you or someone you know are fluent in French and would like to come to Canada.  

To sign up for our newsletter to ensure that you will receive future emails on immigration changes, click here.



Long Mangalji LLP