Last week, the Minister of Immigration announced an exciting new program to grant permanent residence to asylum seekers working in the healthcare sector during the Covid-19 pandemic. If this applies to you or someone you know, check out the criteria for the program below:
- You must have made a refugee claim before March 13, 2020.
- You were issued a work permit after you made your refugee claim.
- You must have worked in the health-care sector in one of the following occupations:
NOC 3011 – Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors
NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
NOC 3413 – Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
NOC 4412 – Home support workers
- You must have worked in one of the above occupations for at least 120 hours between March 13, 2020 and August 14, 2020.
- You must demonstrate 6 months of experience in the designated occupation before being granted permanent residence. You will have until August 31, 2021 to acquire this experience.
This is an important program that finally recognizes the important role played by asylum claimants during the pandemic. If you think you qualify for this program please contact us for further details.
For continued updates, please visit our Covid-19 Immigration Update Page here and follow us on Social Media.
To speak with one of our lawyers to discuss your situation, please contact us at (416) 548-9101, or by email at email@example.com.
The Team at Long Mangalji LLP