Canadian Permanent Residency (PR)

“I want to sponsor my family to live in Canada.” 

Canada has long been a country open to immigration, and reuniting families is a key pillar of our immigration policy.

There are a number of different kinds of sponsorships open to you and your family, including, parental sponsorships, the super visa, dependent children sponsorships and spousal sponsorships. Each has a different set of rules and regulations, and some may even have annual quotas.

“Regardless of which of these visa applications you use, you must first ensure that you have the proper documentation in place,” says Aadil Mangalji, a partner at Long Mangalji LLP. “For example, if you look at the Canadian government website, there is only one line stating that you need to have ‘evidence of your relationship’ when it comes to a spousal relationship, but it doesn’t give you any clarification. We can assist you in compiling the right documents. We are also here to make sure the application gets processed speedily, so you can reunite with your loved ones faster.”

LET'S TALK. We know that applying to sponsor a family member or spouse can be a very time-consuming and stressful procedure. We recognize that every person’s situation is different. We will help you compile the information you need for a strong application.

Canadian Permanent Residency PR | Long Mangalji LLP

“I want to immigrate to Canada based on my skills.”

Canada is especially open to skilled workers who want to come and live and work here, providing themselves with a better financial future, and making an economic contribution to the country as a whole.

While these applications are evaluated faster than others, it’s important to know that economic categories change very quickly, and often without warning – sometimes within 24 hours. This constant state of flux means you need to plan ahead with an experienced lawyer who will provide you with as many options as possible.

Skilled work categories

There are many categories of skilled workers, and we can help you determine which class you best fit into depending on your skills, work experience, and educational credentials.

LET'S TALK. We stay current and keep close tabs on government changes to economic categories, and can help you determine which job category will best showcase your experience.

“I am already in Canada and afraid to go back to my home country.”

Canada is proud to be known as a safe haven for those facing persecution in their home country. Canada’s definition of "refugee" includes those who face discrimination and risk personal harm if they return home because of their race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, political affiliation or for fear of domestic violence.

We strongly recommend that you seek the advice of a knowledgeable lawyer before you move ahead on your own with a refugee claim. A lawyer will help determine whether your claim is likely to be accepted and whether there are other options open to you rather than coming to Canada as a refugee.

Once you make a refugee claim, it can limit your ability to pursue other avenues of immigration, and your ability to ever return to Canada.

LET'S TALK. There are too many problems that can arise if your refugee claim is not handled correctly. That’s why we’re here – to help you determine your best course of action before coming to Canada, and to ensure all legal paperwork is done correctly first time around.