As immigration options for skilled individuals become more restricted in the United States and Europe, Canada remains one of the most open immigration systems for skilled individuals in the G7.
Some of the main routes for permanent residence in the Economic categories are listed below (see here for videos where we provide more details on some of these programs).
1. Express Entry Program. This remains one of the most widely used programs for skilled individuals. In order to get through the program, you have to first qualify to enter the online pool and then will compete with other candidates in the pool in order to obtain an Invitation to Apply.
2. Provincial Nominee Programs. All provinces in Canada now have their own programs for people who have job offers, education, businesses, or other ties to a province.
3. Self-Employed Program. Talented athletes and artists may be able to apply under this category if they can show that they have been self-employed in their professions and will make a contribution to Canada.
4. Caregiver Program. Caregivers who have worked legally in Canada for two years caring for children, elderly, or disabled persons may be able to apply under this program.
5. Start-up Visa Program. Entrepreneurs who have the support of a designated organization can qualify under this program.
6. Atlantic Pilot Program. Workers who have job offers in one of the Atlantic provinces may be eligible to apply under this category.
To determine the best route for immigration for you or someone you know, contact us at (416) 548-9101 or at email@example.com to book a consultation.