The Canadian government has just put into place a new open work permit policy for Hong Kong passport holders who have obtained post-secondary education in the past 5 years. Here are the details:
- To be eligible, you must hold a HKSAR or BNO passport and have obtained a degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) or a college diploma of at least 2 years in the past 5 years.
- The work permit will be an open work permit (you can work for any employer in Canada) and can be issued for up to 3 years. You do not need a job offer in order to apply.
- Your spouse (married or common-law) will be eligible for an open work permit and your children can obtain study permits to study in Canada. Additionally, dependent children who have reached the age of majority can also apply for open work permits
We will be holding a webinar with OneHub business on this and other immigration policies for Hong Kongers. OneHub will also be presenting on how to find work and tips on settling in Canada. Here are the details:
Immigrating and Settling in Canada for Hong Kong Residents
- Newly announced Open Work Permit policy for recent Hong Kong graduates
- Strategies for Permanent Residence
- Tips on how to find work in Canada
- What you need to know to successfully settle in Canada
To book a consultation with one of our lawyers to discuss your situation, please contact us at (416) 548-9101, or by email at email@example.com.