The temporary policy for Post-Graduation Work Permit and TR to PR Work Permit holders to extend their work permits have now been implemented. Here are the main rules:
- Post graduation work permits that expire between September 20, 2021 and December 31, 2022 will be eligible for an open work permit for up to 18 months.
- Individuals whose PGWPs expire between October 2, 2022 to December 31, 2022 are supposed to receive their new work permits without having to apply.
- Individuals whose PGWPs expire between September 20, 2021 to October 1, 2022 will need to apply online for their work permits
- Individuals whose PGWPs expire between September 20, 2021 and October 1, 2022 will receive an email indicating that they are able to work temporarily while waiting for their new work permit to be issued.
- Those who fall under this temporary policy for PGWPs will be able to apply for restoration even outside of the normal 90 day restoration period.
- If you had applied for an extension of your PGWP after June 13 and indicated that it was under this policy, your file will be processed under the temporary policy.
- Unauthorized work during this period of time may be forgiven by IRCC.
- Those who had applied for permanent residence under last year’s TR to PR program will be able to apply for bridging work permits valid until the end of 2024.